Ascern Advisers provides external CFO services to business owners and managers. We do this by focussing from the top down, from Strategy through to Operations. We’re firm believers in setting the course then finding the most appropriate metrics to work towards.
The core of our business is being a trusted partner to Owners and/or Managers. Each engagement is different, and so this advice can take many forms:
- Sparring Partner / Sounding Board
- Honest advice
- Coaching / Mentoring
- Risk Management
- Due Diligence
- Liaising with banks, insurers, and other external stakeholders
- Working Capital Management
We work through a structured goal-setting process to determine long-term targets and define business strategy in four key areas:
- Revenue – key markets and customers;
- Product/service mix – what will be sold;
- Structure – how does the organisation need to change in order to meet sales and product/service targets;
- Systems / processes – changes necessary to support growth of the business.
The resulting strategy is a roadmap for growth and associated investment/change over future years. The strategy and associated financial forecasts are used to seek additional funding where required.
Strategy rollout needs to be monitored regularly. We do this through regular reviews – whether it’s weekly, monthly, or quarterly we review progress with owners/managers. No plan survives its meeting with reality (thanks Field Marshal Helmuth Karl Bernhard Graf von Moltke) so reviewing regularly helps us adjust course towards the long-term goals.
This is where the rubber hits the road – businesses need to change to achieve their long-term goals, and we support either directly or with our Partners in:
- Process improvement
- Internal controls
- Funding support
- System transitions
- Others as needed